So I hope you guys liked the Vanilla Buttercream recipe. Now it is time for Chocolate Buttercream.
Chocolate Buttercream needs to have the perfect balance of sugar and cocoa. I like the chocolate buttercream to have that perfect chocolate bang when you eat it. Not too bitter but no too sweet either.
This recipe here is the perfect blend of sugar and chocolate, and obviously butter!
Clicked by Yogi G.
Enough to pipe swirls for 10 cupcakes.
- 2 1/3 cup Icing Sugar, sifted
- 100 grams butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 4 – 5 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, cream together sifted icing sugar and butter with a hand/stand mixer.
- Add 1/4 cup sifted cocoa powder, 2 tablespoon of milk, and vanilla. Mix for 3 minutes.
- Taste the buttercream. If you feel it is sweet and lacks the chocolate taste. Add the remaining cocoa powder and mix.
- Keep adding little milk at a time, to get the consistency of Buttercream right. It should not be too stiff, or it wont pipe neatly.
- Mix it for 3 – 4 minutes till completely blended.
- Perfect consistency is soft but still will hold stiff peaks.
- The quantity of cocoa is varied cause it will depend on the quality of the cocoa powder. And also each of us likes the buttercream taste in certain way, so it is better to improvise.
- Milk, gets the perfect consistency of the buttercream. So add how much ever needed BUT add little at a time.
- If the buttercream gets bitter because of excess cocoa. Just add some sifted icing sugar.
- Tastes great with vanilla/chocolate cupcakes.
If you try the recipe and like it. Please do leave a comment below.
Coming up next – Cream Cheese Frosting.
So after being MIA since ever! I am back. I actually do get these fits, where I suddenly leave what I am doing and after a while I am back at it. But lots and lots happening with my YouTube channel Fat Toxic Bawarchi gaining momentum, you should definitely check it out for fun reviews and recipes. I started it with my two besties Mohit Chotrani aka Hungry Bawarchi and Roshan Shetty aka The Big Fat Shetty.
Anyways I figured I will make a comeback with recipes. I am starting a segment of everything basic. But I want to start it with fillings, frosting and icings. I feel these things are most simplest but people are still scared or unaware of their simplicity. We all may have that perfect cake recipe but we strive for that perfect frosting recipe.
So I am going to begin with the simple Vanilla Buttercream.
Now this is a very basic Vanilla Buttercream recipe, aim is to make it tasty and make it tasty fast.
Makes enough to pipe swirls on 10 cupcakes.
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 80 grams butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoon of milk
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sifted sugar and butter. Mix with a hand mixer/stand mixer on low speed till incorporated.
- Add vanilla extract and 2 tablespoon of milk. Mix on high for 3 – 4 minutes till it is perfectly creamed together.
- If the cream is too stiff, keep adding more milk little at a time till its soft but still holds peaks.
- In case you add more milk, you can always add more sifted sugar and balance it out.
- You can pipe them on cakes and cupcakes. Sprinkle some colorful sprinkles on top or some chocolate chips.
- Vanilla buttercream is the perfect cream to color, so if you want to go bright and colorful. You can add a few drops of gel color after adding the milk.
So if you happen to try it. Please do comment and let me know.
Till then wait for my Chocolate Buttercream Recipe.